To use Report Viewer web part in SharePoint 2007 64-bit environment, you need to install SQL Server 2005 Add-in. I downloaded the setup from Microsoft site and ran the MSI - “SharePointRSx64”.msi. The setup failed with the error as “sql server 2005 reporting service add-in setup interrupted”. If you are having this issue, follow these steps:
- Open the command window (Start>Run type cmd and press enter)
- Navigate to the path where the installer (SharePointRSx64.msi) is stored
- Execute SharePointRSx64.msi SKIPCA=1
- CD to %temp%. Look for rsCustomAction.exe. If not found, browse to the parent directory
- Execute rsCustomAction.exe /i to auto-configure the installed files.
Once the installation will finish, you will be able to see the Reporting Integration section in Central Administration.