SharePoint 2010 comes up with great tool to check the performance and process steps(same like ASP.NET trace). This would enable the following information to be displayed:
· The SQL queries they have and their timings.
· Web Part Events Offsets for testing performance against custom web parts.
· Trace information, usually only found in the ULS logs, now available on the page.
· A tree view of all controls on the page.
· Session and Cookie information
To enable it, follow these steps:
- Enable Developer Dashboard- Run this command “stsadm.exe" -o setproperty -pn developer-dashboard -pv OnDemand”
- Do IISReset
- Activate Developer dashboard by clicking on the icon in the top right corner of the browser window of your site
- This will refresh the browser and display the tool bar at the bottom of the page. Click on the Show or hide additional tracing information link at the bottom for detail trace information